1. Locate on a world map places where farming occurred between 10,000 and 1500 BCE.
2. Describe the characteristics of physical environments where settled farming communities
developed between 10,000 and 1500 BCE.
3. List plants and animals that were domesticated in different places around the world and relate
them to specific locations.
4. Describe how early farmers modified their environment.
5. Give examples of archaeological evidence of farming from the Americas, Australia, and
6. Trace the spread of agriculture in various locations across the globe.
7. Describe some effects of farming on human societies.